Monday, July 25, 2011

Pepsi Caribbean Gold White Sapote Flavor Cola

Pepsi White Sapote - Released July 25, 2011

Yet another wild and wacky flavor from the good people at Pepsi, Japan. Just when we thought the recent Pepsi Energy Cola was going to be it for summer releases, they threw us a curve ball. The Caribbean Gold name is used in a year when the popular Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides was released in Japan. So to keep with that theme, Pepsi dug down deep in the fruit charts to find White Sapote (Casimiroa edulis) which is native to Central America and has been known to cause drowsiness. I suppose the caffeine in this cola will counter that claim. The flavor of Sapote is very unique so many describe it as a cross between mango, persimmon, peach, pear, and vanilla. Oh boy, this should be an interesting test.

I cracked the seal with a nice loud pop and within seconds hundreds of small yellow/gold bubbles were rushing towards the neck of the bottle. Pouring it on ice created a lovely, refreshing looking beverage. There was a definite fruity fragrance to it with some ginger overtones. Cola was the last thing I smelled. Once the foamy head on the Pepsi subsided I raised the glass.

 
Seconds after the Pepsi was poured on ice. Notice the lovely gold bubbles.
The taste surprised me. Having just tried the Pepsi Energy Cola for the first time weeks ago I knew I had discovered its mate. Though not as strong as that aforementioned Pepsi, this one contains the same energy drink taste you would expect in a smaller, hipper, and expensive steel can. I suppose if I had to identify a fruit flavor it would be closest to peach, but hardly. Come to think of it this really tastes like Guarana which is a small fruit the size of a coffee bean. In Hokkaido, where I am located, Guarana cola is very popular and there are a few different brands. I was not expecting this at all but in no way am I disappointed. 

This is a very refreshing drink which is ideal for summer. It would probably mix well with alcohol if you like to experiment with cocktails. Pepsi White Sapote is quite sweet and contains 47 Calories per 100 mL. This is a 490 mL PET bottle and would be a perfect addition to any Pepsi bottle collection.

By the way, here is a picture and link of the Pepsi Energy Cola that we also offer:

Click HERE to see more details

I want to hear some of the strange Pepsi flavors you have tried in the past and a review. Please feel free to post your comments below.

Have a refreshing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment